Environment Canterbury’s Plan Change 7
Environment Canterbury has notified Plan Change 7 to the Canterbury Land & Water Regional Plan (CLWRP) for public submissions. Submissions (formal comments/feedback) will be received until 5pm on 13 September 2019. Read more at https://ecan.govt.nz/get-involved/news-and-events/2019/plan-change-7-and-plan-change-2-what-you-need-to-know/
PC7 is split into three parts (Parts A,B and C).
Part A is an ‘Omnibus’ change proposing amendments to region-wide provisions (policies, rules, maps and schedules).
Part A aims to:
- Improve freshwater outcomes for Canterbury
- Protect habitats of indigenous freshwater species
- Enable consideration of Ngāi Tahu values in relation to a broader range of activities
- Provide the use of managed aquifer recharge across the region
- Establish a new nutrients framework for commercial vegetable growing operations
- Implement recommendations from the Hinds Drains Working Party
Parts B and C of PC7 relate to the Orari Temuka Opihi Pareora (OTOP) and Waimakariri sub-regions respectively.