Environment Canterbury’s Plan Change 5

Farmers with irrigated land and dryland in Canterbury need to be aware of what their obligations may be in relation to Environment Canterbury’s (ECan) Plan Change 5, which became operative earlier this year.  Farmers who do not require a consent to farm, should register as a Permitted Activity in ECan’s Farm Portal. https://farmportal.ecan.govt.nz/login.


Those farmers that do require a land use consent to farm, need to apply for this as soon as possible.  If you need assistance in determining whether you require a consent or not, or if you are having issues applying for a consent, then please contact Environment Canterbury directly and they will point you in the right direction.  You can also visit https://www.canterburywater.farm/ for more information.


Environment Canterbury is wanting all farmers to be implementing Good Management Practices (GMP).  Find out more at https://www.canterburywater.farm/gmp


Comments are closed.