Action for Healthy Waterways
On the 5th September 2019, Government released proposed new requirements around freshwater management that would;
- strengthen Te Mana o Te Wai as the framework for freshwater management
- better provide for ecosystem health (water, fish and plant life)
- better protect wetlands and estuaries
- better manage stormwater and wastewater, and protect sources of drinking water
- control high-risk farming activities and limit agricultural intensification
- improve farming management practices
An overview of these proposals can be found in a discussion document entitled Action for Health Waterways.
Government is seeking feedback on these proposals. Submission close on Thursday 31st October.
For further information click here.